Software Installation Tips:
Access Violation Error during software installation:
This situation has been known to occur when using JAWS with Spybot Search and Destroy or Weather Gale on Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
If you use Windows XP or Windows 2000, you may need to use narrator
to at least get past the license agreement.
Otherwise you may get an access violation error.
It has been reported that running a registry cleaner, and then re-trying the installation remedied the situation in one case.
However this may not hold true on every system.
This is a work-around, since it is very difficult to track down and correct the exact problem.
If a user encounters this error message during software installation, do the following:
- Press INSERT+F4 to unload JAWS.
- Start Narrator by pressing the key combination Windows Key+U.
- At this point you should be in the Narrator Window, so press ALT+TAB to return to the software installation setup window.
- You can use TAB and the UP and DOWN ARROW keys to navigate the license agreement dialogue.
- Once you have checked the radio button, or checkbox to accept the terms of the agreement,
press TAB to navigate to the Next button and press ENTER.
- At this point is where the actual installation setup begins, so you should be able to reload JAWS, then close Narrator by pressing ALT+TAB until you hear Utility Manager and close this window with ALT+F4.
- Now you can continue with the software installation as you normally would.