Here is a nice little utility for creating all types of hotkey functions. As far as I can tell, it works good with Jaws. Also, it is a free program. a description is included below.
AutoHotkey is a free, open-source utility for Windows. With it, you can:
- Automate almost anything by sending keystrokes and mouse clicks. You can write macros by hand or use the macro recorder.
- Create hotkeys for keyboard, joystick, and mouse. Virtually any key, button, or combination can become a hotkey.
- Expand abbreviations as you type them. For example, typing "btw" can automatically produce "by the way".
- Create custom data-entry forms, user interfaces, and menu bars.
- Remap keys and buttons on your keyboard, joystick, and mouse.
- Respond to signals from hand-held remote controls via the WinLIRC client script.
- Run existing AutoIt v2 scripts and enhance them with new capabilities.
- Convert any script into an EXE file that can be run on computers that don't have AutoHotkey installed.
More about Hotkeys
AutoHotkey unleashes the full potential of your keyboard, joystick, and mouse. For example, in addition to the typical Control, Alt, and Shift modifiers, you can use the Windows key and the Capslock key as modifiers. In fact, you can make any key or mouse button act as a modifier.
- Change the volume, mute, and other settings of any soundcard.
- Make any window transparent, always-on-top , or alter its shape.
- Use a joystick or keyboard as a mouse.
- Monitor your system. For example, close unwanted windows the moment they appear.
- Retrieve and change the clipboard's contents , including file names copied from an Explorer window.
- Disable or override Windows' own shortcut keys such as Win+E and Win+R.
- Alleviate RSI with substitutes for Alt-Tab (using keys, mouse wheel, or buttons).
- Customize the tray icon menu with your own icon, tooltip, menu items, and submenus.
- Display dialog boxes, tooltips, balloon tips, and popup menus to interact with the user.
- Perform scripted actions in response to system shutdown or logoff.
- Detect how long the user has been idle For example, run CPU intensive tasks only when the user is away.
- Automate game actions by detecting images and pixel colors (this is intended for legitimate uses such as the alleviation of RSI).
- Read, write, and parse text files more easily than in other languages.
- Perform operation(s) upon a set of files that match a wildcard pattern.
- Work with the registry and INI files.
GNU General Public License
Version 1.0.47.04 -- August 28, 2007 AutoHotkey (1964 KB): It is not necessary to uninstall your old version first. If you prefer not to run the installer, download the zip file instead.
- Auto Hotkey 104704 Self Installing Download Link
- Auto Hotkey 104704 Zip Download Link
- Visit The Auto Hotkey Home Page For More Information